My 5 month old is scared of bath time how do I get her not to be?

My 5 month old is scared of bath time how do I get her not to be. I put her in the bath and she starts to cry. I don't know why she doing this now she use to like baths and now when she sees the tub and feel the water she starts to cry. Please help me.

bootybabygirl82

Asked by bootybabygirl82 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm well i've never had that problem but here are some suggestions. Maybe put in a stereo in the bathroom and put on some soothing music, that might calm her down. Or light a candle in there and close the door, let it sit in there for a while to freshen up the room...maybe a clam lavender smell might make her feel more at ease. OR if you can just get in with her at first, so maybe she will see there is nothing afraid of, and if she does well then, take a few more with her and then see how she does on her own. good luck
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 11:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my daughter was on and off with hating bath time. So, what I did was get in the tub with her, lay her across my lap so she could see me and feel my skin touching hers and bathe her. Thankfully now at 2, she loves bathtime and as soon as i ask her if she wants to take a bath she runs to the steps. Good luck.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Maybe get in with her.. try taking a shower with her instead of a bath.. maybe join a gym get into swim classes so she can get used to the water and learn to like it
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Get in the tub with her, and bathe her on your lap

Answer by rkoloms at 8:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i bought these ducks that light up different colors when they touch water,i think u can get them at drug stores. try bath toys, try blowing bubbles.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My friends daughter was the same way. She got in the tub with her on her lap with toys and things and she loved it!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2010