Frustrated.........sort of a vent post.

I am a proud stay-at-home mother of 1. I am getting frustrated because so many people have 2 or more children. I have ALWAYS wanted atleast 2 children, preferably one girl and one boy. Well, I have my precious baby boy, but when I had him I was told my likelyhood of surviving another pregnancy let alone another delivery was slim-none.... in other words, I can't have anymore children. I want a baby girl sooo incredibly bad. I don't want it asap.... my little guy is only 9 months old, but I do want one within the near future. I just get frustrated when I hear any type of talk about baby girls. I don't know what it is, it just gets to me.

Mrs6six

Asked by Mrs6six at 11:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well i am very sorry that you can't have anymore children, but that is no anyone's fault, especially not anyone on here. I am a proud mother of 4 and I love to brag about my kids, But i don't have the intentions of making someone mad. There are TONS of baby girls out there that need a home.... i got my tubes tied and no longer can have children BUT later on down the road if i do want one, adoption would be the best next thing, than getting pregnant. Nothing better than saving a baby and giving them a great loving home
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 11:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I am sorry but honestly I think you should be thankful for the one child that you do have. There are so many women that can't even have 1 child, imagine how they feel? Your child is only 9 months old and you are mad because you can't have another. This is honestly sad.
    Anonymous

• i can't have kids...
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• adoption is another option. there's always another kids who needs a loving home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• not to mention the many women that over and over again actually get pregnant and keep losing the baby. So, at least you have the joy of getting pregnant and now having that child to hold in your arms every day. There are plenty of little girls who are up for adoption that need a loving and caring mommy and family.
    Anonymous

• It gets to you because you want one so bad. I understand. We had problems getting pregnant and that is how I felt when I heard of other people having babies. I was happy for them but at the same time, when was it going to be my turn? How wonderful for you that you were able to have your son. I don't know if you believe in God, but I do believe and I also believe that for those that are faithful, God gives you the desires of your heart. But that doesn't mean it will be answered how you think. Yes, you can adopt your little girl, if that is a financial option for you. But your girl may come when you get a daughter in law or a granddaughter. Just know you are not alone in your frustration and it is not neccesarily wrong. Just keep it in check and don't allow it to make you bitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• BE GRATEFULL FOR YOUR SON! Just remember that if God has put you in such a place then there IS a reason. Either there is a child out there that will need you in the future, or your son will need your full attention for something. If you ever do have a daughter then you will brag and be happy about her, it's unfair for you to get mad at hearing about other ppls kids. honestly sounds like a touch of PPD. ENJOY your son! It sounds like it is a blessing that you even have him! Remember that there are many women that are not even blessed with a single child as you have been. good luck. hope this passes for you!
    K_Chel

Answer by K_Chel at 12:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• you know, even if you get pregnant again, you could have another boy... :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Wow so now instead of feeling frustration at your situation you should feel guilty because so many of these responders are such understanding creatures....NOT. SHE'S VENTING. FRUSTRATED. UNDERSTAND? Or are all of your lives so bloody perfect that you've never felt frustration over something?

And wtf is someone who can't have kids doing on a site called CafeMom? Making the breeders feel bad?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I am sorry that you are unable to have another child. I have two small boys and I want a girl so bad also. We've been TTC for a while now (almost 2 years) without any luck. I am grateful for the children I have but I also tend to get sad when I see others getting pregnant with no issues. It's life and sometimes life sucks but we have to go with the flow. There are other ways to have more children, adoption, surrogate or even being a foster family.

Enjoy your son now, he's getting more fun to play with and hopefully in a year or two, something will come up for you to get your girl or another child. (((HUGS)))
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 9:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2010