Is it safe to have sex if u are 1 cm dialted and 50% softened?

Went to doctors today and they said i was 1cm dialted and 50% softened, was wondering if its ok to have sex or will he like touch the baby? Sry if its a dumb question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• He's not going to touch the baby. Some docs are worried about infection after you lose your mucous plug. I would talk with your doc about your particular case. I know many people want to have sex bc they hope it will speed up labor.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Why would you want to? Ugh...
    Anonymous

• I think your ok till your water breaks. I would ask a doctor or nurse to be sure though.
    duganhorse

Answer by duganhorse at 11:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You're good to go until the water breaks:) Then there is risk for infection. My OB actually told me to go have sex when I was about 3-4 in her office!
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 12:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• As long as your water hasn't broken you should be fine. And between your orgasm and if he ejaculates in you it could help bring on labour. If you're in the mood go for it!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• yeah everyone else covered it except for the idiot who asked why would you want to.. DUHH IT FEELS GOOD!
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• well it depends on how far along you are! Assuming you are 36+ then yep... its totally fine and safe to have sex!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My dr recommended it right up til she broke my water. I lost my mucous plug more than a month before labor but she still said it was alright. We didnt want to induce so we were trying everything else possible first.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Oh, and just remember to be careful to take it easy! And dont worry about "dumb questions", we all have them, especially when something is new to us.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Until your water breaks, you're good to go! In fact, it can help things move along!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2010