how to get my 2year old to go to bed early she stays up late every night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try turning off as many lights in your home as possible about an hour before you want her to go to bed. This will send her the message "bedtime!"
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• if she naps, try cutting her nap short or if she can maybe cut it out all together, or nap earlier. I'm in the process of the same thing, same age and i 've cut his nap a little shorter and he's been going to bed a little earlier. As long as your child can tolerate a shorter nap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• What is the rest of her schedule like- wake up time, nap time, feedings, etc? If her naps are late in the day you could try moving them a little earlier. Also give her a good bedtime routine, ex. bath, book, and then bed. That way she knows what to expect and will hopfully fall asleep easier. You can also try soothing music to help her fall asleep (that works well for my daughters). Good luck! :)
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 12:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Been there as my 3 year just now started to go to bed early. She would stay up until 3 in the morning no matter what I did. Now she does not take a nap during the day and she passes out about 8 or 9 and wakes up about 8 or 9 in the morning now. So much better, I am glad my son was not that way, he is 19 months and has the same sleep schedule she does. Good luck and be patient.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 1:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i agree with turning out the lights! my son would stay up that late if i let him but you have to remember that you are the parent and the kid will only do what u allow! get tough and turn the lights off and say nite nite! put her in the bed read a story or two and walk out.....i had mine trained in a few nights...he cried and cried, but i knew he was ok so i would let him cry it out for 5 minutes and then tuck him back in...after a while she will get the picture
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010