If you are pro-life or pro-choice, how long have you felt that way? Could you ever see yourself changing your mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think people are confused when they hear the term pro-choice because it doesn't necissarily mean they're pro-abortion. It just means they leave the choice up to the person who might be making it. It's no choice of ours what someone does to their bodies or that have their unborn child. But me personally would not make the decision of getting an abortion.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• The first time I had a conversation about abortion was in High School. I decided then that I was pro-life, I would say I was that way even before then. I will never change my mind on this issue.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 12:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I've felt this way for nearly 9 years. I was prolife until I became pregnant with my oldest child and realized what a toll it takes on a person both physically and mentally. It can be hard enough on a body when a baby is wonderful surprise, I can't imagine what a person would feel/think if it weren't. Because of that, I don't feel its my decision to make for someone whether they're capable of having a pregnancy where they do all they can to ensure a healthy baby.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Growing up I was pro-life... until one day I talked to my mom about it. She told me horror stories of girls she knew that tried using coat hangers that were either unsuccessful and caused many problems for the babies or ended up causing serious injuries for the mothers. I now am pro-choice, as I believe every woman should have a choice, but I personally could NEVER go through with it. I still have mixed feelings about it all, as I believe every baby should be given at least a start at life, but then again I don't think women should be "stuck"... it's such a touchy subject
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have always been pro life even in college. I will never change my mind. The decision is ingrained in me 2 ways---my faith and abortion stops a beating heart and to me that is murder.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I've always believed that every woman should get to chose the number of children she has, from 0 to 100. I hope our country always protects the right to have children and be childless. Pro-choice to me means that we don't place limits or restrictions on anyone's reproductive rights. No one wants to be told they have to get their tubes tied after kid number 2, 10, or 18. Choice has 2 sides.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I'm pro-choice and have been for as long as I can remember. I can't see my view changing. I don't like the fact that any woman ever gets to a point where she feels an abortion is the best option, I wish they were never needed. But I'm not in their shoes, living their lives, I'm not qualified to make their choice for them, I can only make my own and let them make theirs.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Pro life personally
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have been pro-choice for as long as i can remember, my mother is also pro choice and it probably is because she explained to me what is was like before we had the choice. No abortion is not for me personally but I wont take that choice away from someone there are just too many things that can happen that may cause a person to need or want one, I support the right for women to make their own choices.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Pro choice since forever. Idk if I could change my mind about it. I hate thinking about kids brought into this world by moms that can't take care of them and resent them or don't have a father in their life or a job to pay for them. I know a lot of you won't agree with it, but it happens all the time. Kids not loved or taken care of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010