How/where could i search out a chicken pox party?

does anyone even do them anymore? i do not believe in the vaccine......

M0mmykitty

Asked by M0mmykitty at 12:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's not illegal. They don't really want it happening, but they can't stop you from doing it if you choose. I personally prefer having my kids get chicken pox instead of the vaccine. My sisters and I all had the chicken pox at the same time and it wasn't bad at all. A couple of weeks of itching and mild fevers and then it was over. Do realize though that every kid reacts differently to the chicken pox
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 12:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• After seeing my two oldest go through the chicken pox I had my youngest (born a couple years later) vaxed. I would never put my child through that. My middle son (he was two when he got them) still has scars from it - one right in the middle of his forehead. It was not pleasant for any of us.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think that's technically illegal.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:34 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Usually it is word of mouth. But, I seriously do not recommend it. If only because he could go his whole life without contracting the virus. I had chicken pox as a kid and used to laugh about it. Until I got shingles as an adult. You can only get shingles if you have had chicken pox.
    Well..guess what. I have CHRONIC shingles. I didn't know such a thing existed. Apparently if you have an immune system that is wacked like mine, it can pop up any time. And it affects the nerves, so you can have pain longgg after the rash or breakout is gone. Viruses are NOT harmless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would have had one with you... my 11 month old caught it in december.. she was fine through it.. no fever .. she didn't seem to itch at all.. but she has 3 scars.. i'm hoping they go away..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• yeaaaa idk. sounds like it would be illegal but i dont think so as long as all parents are consenting and aware. however.. I had chickenpox three times!!! chickenpox parties are not really effective. sometimes but do you really want to play that game? you could possibly run the risk of your child not surviving as well.. i'm not keen on vaccinations but for chicken pox i will make an exception
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I was just reading about it too, and even though a lot of parents think that a natural infection is better than a vaccine, natural infections can also lead to hospitalization or death. I wouldn't do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Anon You scare me!!!! I am terrified of shingles! poor you I am so sorry!!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think spreading disease on purpose is illegal. Isn't it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Every kid reacts differently to it. It could be mild, or they could die.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2010