10 year old girl/ weight

Should I be concerned about my 10 year olds weight? She only weighs 56 lbs. Her twin sister weighs 67. The 56lb. girl is about 4'4 and the other is about an inch and a half taller. Haven't found a pediatrician in our area yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Is she healthy? Active? Happy? Does she eat? If so, I wouldn't worry too much. You can't compare the two..they are completely different people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Nope. She is just skinny. She should start to pudge a bit right before her period starts. I just had this convo with my sister regarding my daughter.
    Her comment about puberty was very succinct.
    It will happen when it does. Weight during the years of 10-16 vary so much girls go crazy with it.
    First comes nipple buds, then boobs, then armpit hair, then pubic hair. About a year after boobs comes the period. :( Then all hell breaks loose. But from 10-16 girls are crazy with hormones!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Um...ok that's a way I'd rather not think about a 10 year old girl thanks. I'm pretty sure her mother gets the whole puberty thing. Yikes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Sorry, I guess I view it all as completely natural. And honestly I didn't know all those things happen in that order. My sister raised four girls. She did a lot of research. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Why would anyone be offended by human development?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• As long as she is eating, and seems to be healthy, I wouldn't worry. Some kids are just small, my dd has always been small. She is now 14-1/2 years old, she's 5'1" and only weighs 86lbs.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• As long as she's eating a balanced diet I wouldn't be worried. My daughter will be 10 in June and is 4' tall and only weighs 45lbs. She's tiny. Her 3yo sister only weighs like 12lbs less then her, lol (and is about 8" shorter). They can actually fit into some of the same clothes (like longer skirts) and fight over clothes. It's hilarious. And now my middle daughter is 7, 4' tall and 50lbs and is handing clothes down to her older sister. By this time next year the 7yo will probably be taller then her.
    She's always been small. She didn't hit 20lbs until 18 months and was still only 20lbs when she turned 2. When she started kindergarten shortly after turning 5 she was just under 40" tall and 32lbs. That's how big my 3yo is right now. Actually the 3yo is bigger then that now and has started to outgrown clothes that my oldest wore in when she was 5 and 6, lol.
    Her doctors aren't worried as long as she eats healthy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• so don't see any problem there, everyones different. as long as she's active and eating good. she's fine.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I have 10 year old twins and their weight is in the same range. They are both very tall for their age. Let them grow.
    NatiMarti

Answer by NatiMarti at 2:42 AM on Feb. 10, 2010