Is my Daughter depress or is something alse?

I have an eleven year old girl and lately she is being very tired, sleepy, moody, gloomy.
Is she just growing or should I be worried about something? Thanks for viewing my question

Duna3397

Asked by Duna3397 at 1:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It could be hormones (this is most likely), growth spurt, she may be staying up late reading, or she may be depressed. You are her mother and are with her everyday. What do you think?

If you are really concerned, ask your family doctor for a referral to a child psychologist.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Did you try to talk to her about it. Did you ask your daughter if anythings wrong? Tell her that you want her to open up and tell you , maybe you can help her with any problem she may be having.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• is she getting enough sleep? is she up late with tv, texting or video games? is there something new going on in the family? Divorce, or death? Hormones was my first thought, like the first poster. 11 seems young for that though :( I hate that they grow up!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• 11 is NOT too young for puberty and hormones. I would have her evaluated by her doctor, because if she is depressed she needs treatment. Depression is nothing to fool around with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• She is been having fever on and off and now she is complaining that her legs hurt. I was thinking maybe growing pains but she may be to old for that. Is she? I'm taking her to the doctor tomorrow

Duna3397

Answer by Duna3397 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would tend to believe that it is hormonal. She is at the age where that could be a possibility, but you should probably have her checked out by your doctor, just to rule out more serious possibilities.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:50 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• She has a fever? Thats signs of infection and yes you are right to take her in. The only thing that comes to mind when you say tired, moody, fever and aching legs....is MONO. I have heard of another child who had it having sore legs and a fever. Mono can be passed around very easily through drinking after one another at school, water fountains, ect. Anyone who is in close quarters and is exposed to someone with the virus can catch it. It doesnt mean she is doing anything wrong, but I have told my tween and teen girls that they are not to share food and drinks with other kids at school. The girls are so bad about that. Dont jump to any conclusions until you see the doc. I hope it goes well for her. Good luck.
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2010