Baby Shower!!!!

When is the right time to have a baby shower?My family is going to throw one I am currently 30 weeks. They were going to throw the kind were people come in ,see me ,and then leave. I just dont know how to go about doing that and my family doesnt either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry, I am anti begging-for-gifts parties. I refused all offers of a shower. After our daughter was born, we had a brunch to introduce our new family member to the people we love.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had two showers because it would have been way too many people for just one. I had one at 27 weeks and one at 30 weeks. I'm glad that is when I did them. I don't think it is begging for gifts. Lots of people love buying baby stuff as evidence of the piles in my house, especially after Christmas. Plus, there is no way we would have been able to afford to buy everything that we got as gifts on our own. We really appreciated everything we received and the people we invited were people that are an important part of our lives. I think they all had a good time too.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Around 30 weeks is a perfect time to have a baby shower! People WANT to come see your pregnant belly, talk to you about the baby, take pictures and buy cute baby outfits! If you are worried that it will look like "begging for gifts" then don't do a come and go shower! Invite everyone to come at a certain time (10:30 on a Sat morning and serve brinch would be a good idea) and show them pictures, tell stories and play fun baby games. Make it more of a party then a come and go thing.
    JaxsonsMommy23

Answer by JaxsonsMommy23 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2010