Should I go and be admitted? (Labor)

I'm 39 weeks, and this is my 7th ( and last! ) baby.. I went to my OB today and I was 4 cm.. I've been having contractions for a week now, but they dont hurt.. When should I go in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, thanks for your answer, you'll be reported. And yes, they all do have the same dad! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry, I never went into labor with any of mine. They were all induced. But I have heard from others after having that many labor can progress really rapidly. If you think you might be in true labor, it probably would be best to be seen.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 3:22 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I'm thinking maybe you should go ahead and go in. It is your 7th baby, and it may just come very quickly with little notice. I only have 4, but my 4th one came very quick and I barely made it to the hospital.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• when ur contractions are steady for more than an hour....u should be a pro at this by now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i agree with anon :19, if they are steady and close together (like 4 or 5 minutes apart) for an hour, i would go. otherwise i would wait at home.
    Anonymous