How do I fold a Prefold on a NB with Umbilical Cord??

That's my question.. I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere.. Thanks in advance!! Oh, my baby is not here yet, just want to know if it can be done..

Barbara144

Asked by Barbara144 at 3:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you fold the front diaper in so it won't get in the way... but there are diapers out now that has a newborn umbilical cord cut out so you can just put the diaper on and it won't get in the way.. I used that till it fell off
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 4:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but I found this website and maybe it will help.

http://webpages.charter.net/rhamley/diapers/diapertext1.htm

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 4:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• We just folded the front of the diaper over until the cord fell off.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It can be difficult because the diaper can be bulky. You might want to use disposables until the cord falls off. The meconium can stain diapers and be hard to get out, another good reason to use disposables the first few days.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I never cloth diapered quite that early. You may or may not be able to fold it so it doesn't irritate the cord stump. There's nothing wrong with using disposabled for a short time. The stump should fall off after about two weeks.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would just fold the rise down on the diaper so that it is fully underneath the cord. You can get newborn diapers with the cutout for the cord (I make them) but I would still use prefolds until the meconium has passed.
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 1:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2010