Miscarry and a D/C

Does a D/C hurt? how long does it take? They think I'm going to miscarry. The DR says she can do a D/C so I know when it will happen. How long do you have to wait to try to get pregnant again? I'm 8weeks with still no heart beat. they will do one more ultrasound next week then that will be it I guess. She thinks the baby died at 6 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had two miscarriages right around 6-8 weeks and they never did a D/C with me... So I am not really sure. =/

I also got pregnant back to back... Two miscarriages then I was pregnant with my beautiful baby girl and the pregnancy went well!

Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I am so sorry. I went through the same thing. I have lost two babies and had both a D/C and a natural miscarriage. The D/C doesn't hurt when they do it. They knock you out and give you pain meds for afterword. It does take very long to do. It hurt after but its not too bad. When I had the D/C it was because I wouldn't stop bleeding and the doctor said that to make it stop they needed to do one. With the second they had said there wasn't a heartbeat and the baby had just stopped growing. I didn't have any bleeding and so I was reluctant to get one because I wanted to be sure I was going to miscarry before making any decisions like that. I can tell you that the natural miscarriage was pretty painful (for me but everyone is different). And from what I understand you can try again as soon as your body returns to having normal cycles. Its such a hard thing to go through and please let me know if I can help in any way.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 4:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I also had a d/c I went into the er when I was 9 weeks and they said there was no heart beat and the baby died at 8 weeks.. They did a d/c because it had passed a week b4 and showed no signs of passing on it's own.. The d/c I was knocked out for I don't remember a whole lot it was 7 years ago but I know it was a little painful when it was all done, it's surgery so it's gonna be.. sorry you have to go through it, just remember you are not alone... I got through it saying that something must have been wrong and this was a way of saving me hugh heart ach later when the child was born..gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• my baby had no heartbeat at 7 weeks and i had to haved a d/c..it was not painful bc u get knocked out first....afterwards u willl have some cramping but thats the only physical pain u will have....i was also preggers 2 weeks later and how have a healthy 19 months old boy!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• im sorry i also had a m/c last year i was to be 9 weeks and the baby stop at 7.5 weeks and no heart beat but she wouldnt do a dnc till i started to m/c

i know your going to get this alot and im sorry if you get sick of it i dont know if this is your first or not but dont give up it wil happen i thought i was just going to m/c and thats all but i am preg again and im almost in my 2 trim but only try when you feel your ready
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• oh i forgot to put in i was put out for and like secondtyme520 said you just cramp alittle after words
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i would wait even longer and see if your body passes it on its own. i know a woman who had terrible complications from her d/c. now her fallopian tubes are so scarred she can't discharge eggs. Your body should pass it on its own. I also know a woman who was told there was no heartbeat at 6 weeks. she changed dr's and her baby grew to 9 months and is alive and healthy today. i am sorry if you did miscarry though. Sometimes i think we look with ultrasounds too often and too early.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had a MC at 11-12 weeks and a week later had my D&C, they put you completely out for it and then you wake up and its over. I had pretty heavy bleeding and pretty bad cramping afterwards and bled for about 5 weeks after. I would ask your Dr. about TTC after as every Dr is different. GL and sorry
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 11:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2010