How can i get my daughter to sleep in her own bed?

So we kinda made the mistake of sleeping with our daughter, and now we are definately paying for it. I would love more than anything to have her start sleeping in her own crib. She is 1 years old, and obviously not getting smaller..our bed seems to be getting smaller though =)

Hestheone21

Asked by Hestheone21 at 4:55 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its hard....and it requires a lot of patience from you and you will HAVE to withstand lots of crying in the process!!! butg if u ever watch nanny 911 she has the best method. they are gonna cry, scream, and throw fits but u just have to be firmn and consistent with putting her back to her crib EVERYTIME! my babe slept in a pach n play until he was one then he started climbing out and running to my room as soon as it was dark! so instead of getting him a crib, i just got a queen sized mattress to go in his room that way he can get off if he wants to roll around in his room and can lay back down when he gets sleepy it worked very well and he and his sis love it the jump on the bed for about 20 minutes before going to bed each night!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2010