Please give me some input.....

Okay so my son will turn 1 next month.... I have only had my period 3 times since he was born, the last one lasting a whole month. I pumped/ bf for 6 weeks after his birth, then switched to formula... so I dont think my periods should be so erratic. I dont have insurance, so I cant go see my doc. The only reason I am concerned is because we do want to have more kids... and want to ttc after my son turns 1....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its still early give your body time to balance everything out....your body still knows it should be BF right now and can sense baby around so that doesnt help the period cycle. Best bet is to go to a plan parenthood and try to talk to someone just to ease your mind...but i think you are just fine even if you do ttc
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Thank you very much! u made me feel better:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• no problem. :) I didnt get my period back for another......two three (if not longer) months after i stopped nursing. i nursed till 15 months with my son. and im prego now :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• congrats:) I just looked up planned parenthood in my area... i think i will call and talk to someone and then go get checked out to ease my mind:) Thanks alot!:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It might be hard to pin-point ovulation to ttc but other than that you're fine.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Are you taking birth control? this in addition to what your body knows might be messing up your cycles, everyone reacts to the hormones differently.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Abnormal periods are pretty normal for the whole first year and sometimes longer. Fertility will return whern your body is ready for another baby...what your head wants doesn't factor in. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 6:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010