Calling daughter sexy??

My daughter has an exotic look. She has long dark hair, full lips, and long eyelashes. My whole family and friends call her pretty and beautiful. "One" time my husband called her sexy. I told him not to call her that. Anyone else think that is inappropriate? She was probably 11 months at the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah...um...I would be weirded out by that one.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• yes. but then again he was probably being truthful....depending on her age that is. He might have been speaking out of his "father" context and trying to tell you from someone else's point...but if HE thinks she is sexy thats concerning
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Yea thats kinda gross comming from a dad
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 7:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Who says that? That a baby is sexy? I mean, besides Anna Nicole Smith. Yes, very inappropriate.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• very strange...yes. but i dnt know the man and it could have easily come out wrong. i hope he apologized and felt very awkward after.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 7:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• a lot of latin men say stuff like that. Even irish men. Really not a big deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• yea if he's a different culture, then that does makes a difference... interpretations are different.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 8:10 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I D K , how do you feel about it? You are the one who has to deal with it, if there's a concern.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Funny cause he is Latin! It was only ONE time and I have to be honest she is built EXACTLY like me and I am sexy! Im not being conceited, it's the truth. It's not like he says it to her all the time. It was once and we are both new parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think (hope) what he was trying to say is that she's very exotic looking & when she grows up other men will find her sexy.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2010