How can you depend on your fame for income, then whine when people criticize your behavior?

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/06/miley-cyrus-im-no-role-model/

I am so tired of Miley Cyrus whining about criticism.

Sorry Miley, when a 16yo who sells to pre-teens and children, PUBLISHES nude (or posed to imply nudity) pictures in a magazine, people are going to find that inappropriate. If you want your parents to have nude or near nude photos of you, or photos of you draped on a table with thigh high hooker boots, then HAND them the photos and don't publish them. If you feel the need to pole dance, do it privately; seeing a 17yo child star doing that gives people the creeps.

Your "job" is to entertain and sell things by making people want to emulate you; that IS a role model. If you don't want to be a "role model," go home and don't do things that attract attention (like pole dancing in front of a national TV audience, or publishing pictures of your naked or near naked body).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• Exactly! I'm so sick of her and her voice drives me nuts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Anyone who didn't think her dancing was lewd wasn't watching it with a man around. Great role model.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Her fans are kids not adults. She is trying to change her image and it is not working. She is still a kid like it or not, sleeping with her BF does not make you a adult!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I remember Billy Ray saying that his daughter will not be another Brittany Spears, they were going to raise her right, etc. So far the results look the same to me, though at least Brittany had a boyfriend her own age. Perhaps she should learn a lesson from child stars who go off to college and come back on the scene as adults.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 5:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Why are you all expecting her to be a role model to your kids in the first place? In our house we don't have a problem with Miley, in fact we like her very much. Whatever her actions are if I happen to not agree with them I use it as a spring board to have a conversation with my girls about good and bad choices. Miley is responsible for Miley and no one else. You have to teach your kids that it's okay to like/enjoy celebrities and what they do but they should be no means be the basis of normal everyday decision making.

My oldest is 11 and before the holidays she had a report to write on who she thought was a good influence/role model for her to look to and she picked her grandmother. If I can recall the jest of the report was that our family was made up of very strong independent woman (meaning myself, siblings, older cousins and such) and that didn't happen by chance she knew it came from the...
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• teachings, life experiences and hard work of her beloved grandma. To my daughter my mother was a prime example how if you work really hard, educated yourself, respect others, truly love others, laugh and above all have faith then you could achieve anything in life. She is right. I in turn view my daughter as my role model - not someone who sings, dances and is seen on TV/movies. If you teach your children the same qualities, values, morels (which I'm sure you are currently doing) then what people in the entertainment world will remain just that people in the entertainment world who are being paid big money to entertain whatever masses. If you don't support Miley and her choices good and bad then you have no worries. I for one enjoy a great many of celebrities but realize that when the song has been sung or the movie has ended then that's where the fantasy ends and reality for me begins.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• " Miley is responsible for Miley and no one else. You have to teach your kids that it's okay to like/enjoy celebrities and what they do but they should be no means be the basis of normal everyday decision making. "

Great! Then she should stop complaining about being criticized for being a tartlet because it is her behavior that provokes the criticism.

I think the original point was that Miley is COMPLAINING about people complaining about her PUBLIC behavior. It is not as if those photos were taken by a paparazzi in her back yard, or that she was pole dancing in her living room and a paparazzi used a long range lens to peek in her house. She is the product she is selling and many in the public she is selling to are critical of what she is putting out there, or what her parents are allowing since she was a minor at the time.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010