How to get vomit smell out of carpet?

My DD threw up yesterday and I can't get the smell out. I have scrubbed it with soap and water, laundry detergent, and a bleach spray that I have. I don't have any pure bleach, but nothing seems to help. any suggestions?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• ewwwww im gettin sick thinkin of it lol.....i would be getting pretty desperate by now and would prob be burning the carpet by now!!!!!! do u have any of the powder carpet freshener that u vaccuum up????
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• nope. I ususally have that stuff too. I even febreezed it yesterday. Ugh, its yucky. I may just have to burn it lol
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• White vinegar works well if you are on a budget. If you don't want the vinegar smell hanging around for a week or so, go to Walmart and get something called Kids and Pets. It gets the smell out too because it breaks down the enzymes in vomit that cause the odor. Sometimes I use vinegar and Kids and Pets, because I won't have kids & pets on hand at 3 am...Kids & Pets will also remove any stain as well. Good luck!!

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I use a carpet cleaner made for pet stains and odors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I use Nature's Miracle, which is typcally found in pet supply stores, but really is good for any organic-based stain (think vomit, oil, blood, etc.). It contains enzymes that "eat" the stain right down to the carpet padding too, so the smell is gone when the stain is gone. It leaves a pleasant scent behind, too, so no worries about a chemical smell permeating your home.
    Anonymous