How Should I Feel?

Last weekend was my birthday so my Mom invited us over for cake. DH hates going there and with NO good reason. Anytime it comes to spending time with my family, he's in an awful mood!!! He told me that my mother is and g'ing retard because she wanted us to have cake! I was appalled and so taken aback I didn;t respond. He went to his Mom's to get his son and she called me. She said that he came in her house screaming and yelling. He said he doesn't want his son anymore, he wished he never got married, and a whole other bunch of garbage. Needless to say, his son is my stepson and heard the whole thing!! I'm so hurt that he said he wished we never got married! It's only been 7 months! He came home in a bad mood but didn't tell me what went on. His mother swore me to secrecy. So now I've been carrying this around for a week! How would you feel? Do you think he meant it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Whether he meant it or not I would confront him. That is serious talk especially since he said it infront of his son. That is truly unacceptable and I couldn't be with a man who acted like that.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• You should feel upset. See, I would not be able to not say anything about that. I would have made him talk to me about our marriage.

Answer by louise2 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I agree, but I also don't want my mother in law dragged in the middle. She stuck up for me and I appreciate that. I want her to be able to trust me in the future.
    B_Vail

Answer by B_Vail at 9:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• honey i would give him exactly what he asked for first i would never allow any man to disrespect my mom, thats a def deal breaker, and then to say all that in front of the kid...all his shit would be at his mothers when he came home from work TONIGHT!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• You should confront him, so what if you swore secrecy, he is always in a bad mood anyway. You still have time to go instead of staying with him for many yrs to come and regret it.... PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would feel like calling an attorney..........
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I'd say that "I heard" and not reveal from whom. He sounds as though he is at the end of his rope- in other words, he doesn't sound in his right mind. A question that arises is how reliable is his mother- can she be trusted or has she blown it all out of proportion. If you notice any violent emotions, I'm not talking abusive, just out of control and inappropriate, then talk calmly with him, not accusing, and ask him to go with you to counseling. Meanwhile just for your own security, you should be making plans for a possible split- get job training or a job if you don't already have one, and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 9:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• sadly men normally mean what they say... I think men are 9 times out of 10 unable to act like women do; like everything is ok... I am more worried about his son hearing him say that... what an a$$
    Shauna71904

Answer by Shauna71904 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would be hurt i put up with a men like that for a 11 yrs and it never got better now I left him it hurt but now im so happy and found someone that would never hurt me and treats me like a princess dont let a man put you down you dont deserve that no women or human deserves to be hurt by anyone that can say the things he did you deserve better then someone that you love to say that and be like that with your mom he married you knowing what your mom was and who she is get better im telling you from the bottom of my heart dont put up with someone that hurts you and makes you feel low you deserve to be treated like a princess
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• yep, divorce. sounds like a lunatic to me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2010