4 MO vaccine reactions??

I took my daughter for her 4 month vaccines and she was a little cranky all day but pretty fine, just like during her 2 month shots. But around 6 that evening her legs were bright red and she was screaming!! I called the doc who told me to ice pack it and Tylenol her til it went away so I gave her some infant drops and as soon as I put the ice on her she stopped crying and relaxed a lot. Has ANYONE ever had anything like this happen before? I was so scared!! She went to sleep for the night after that and when she woke up this morning she was back to her happy chubby little self.

I don't want this to turn into a vaccine debate... please don't do that. That is NOT what this is about.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 9:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did that at his 6 month. But i took him to the er. The doctor told me that its not an allergic reaction i guess the vaccine can raise the temp of your baby and thats what happened so his skin was red. But my son wasnt screaming. He was upset but it was because he didnt feel good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i would still report it as a vaccine injury, and i would really really really do a lot of research on your own before vaccinating your child again.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My son did the exact same thing!! Two months shots were fine. Four months he was ok till the evening then the screaming and red legs. I treated it the same way and he was fine. At his six month shot there was no prob. Maybe its just the second dose?
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2010