FOR THOSE BREASTFEEDING- DO YOU STILL TAKE A PRENATAL VITAMIN ?

I STILL TAKE MINE. MY BABY GIRL IS 3 MONTHS TODAY.

SANDYCAT

Asked by SANDYCAT at 9:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I kept taking 1 every day up until the last 2 months or so as I started slowly weening, so after pregnancy I still took them for like 13, 14 months.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I got lazy at about 6 months, but then it was summer time and I was eating all sorts of fresh produce, etc., and she was eating some solids. But it's for your body as much as for your baby... there's no reason not to keep it up the whole time you're nursing. You can switch to regular women's supplements if it's too expensive...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My dd is nine months and I still take mine... prob won't stop. It's good for your hair nails and skin as well....
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I never took prenatals. I just keep a healthy diet. I DO take cod liver oil... that, and acidophilus are the only supps I take.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Yeah, I'm contiuning to take mine. My son is almost 3 months so it's a good thing to continue taking if your breastfeeding.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• YEP SURE DO I GET MINE OTC NOW THOUGH
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 2:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Yes, I do. DD is 9 months and I take OTC prenatals, Vitamin D, and Fish Oil. I never gave vitamin drops to her, either. I just took Vitamin D myself and made sure we both got sun.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• You should still take them for your sake. Nursing robs your body of calcium. However, I am still nursing my 16 month old and nursed my last child til he was almost 3 yrs old. I have never taken the vitamins. I eat a balanced diet though. I have some digestive issues that are affected by vitamins.
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 9:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2010