What do you think?

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/dec/11/new-era-health-authorities-open-brothels-male-pros/

Asked by older at 9:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I don't really care because I would never visit one but i don't want one in my neighborhood because of the constant flow of poeple that don't belong in your neighborhood....

My 8 year old daughter just asked me about a Billboard in down town Phila. for Penthouse, its a "gentlemens club" with a HUGE billboard with girls barely covered and has sexually explicit (for a child) language on it.....

Sorry, but I don't want to have to explain to my 8 year old the oldest profession and the perversions that go with it (strip clubs, sex shops etc..) that is fine for adults if that's your choice, I dont agree with exposing children to that stuff....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think we are becoming a society with no morals.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think GIRL ones are EW so I think I will stick with the same feeling for these ;)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Carpy, prostitution is one of the oldest professions out there, does this mean our society has never had any morals?

Answer by older at 10:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• No it means such things used to be frowned upon. Now they are slowly becoming mainstream.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Carpy . it is still very much frowned upon even today, but since this will always exist, and always will, isn't it better to have it regulated by the govt., so it can be safe and free of disease?

Answer by older at 10:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• IMO older, no its not.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I don't understand what you want to know. Is it about the equal rights for testing or is it a question about how we feel about male prostitution being legalized in Nevada?

If it's the first I mentioned, I think it's good to have equal rights for testing, although I don't know that I read who exactly pays for such testing. If it is the state, I think it's wrong. I think if you want to be in the sex trade business, you should have to take on those responsibilities yourself. Or the business you are working under should have to pay for it.

cont.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:22 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• cont.

If you are talking about male prostitution, I don't like it but whatever consenting adults do is their business. My bigger concern is the effects it has on marriages (prostitution business as a whole) and relationships. Not everyone is honest and I know just because it someone might frequent an establishment instead of picking up a hooker on the street it doesn't make the "John" honest with his or her spouse, it's the availability of it that I find destructive. JMO.
    QuinnMae

• Quinn, all I want to know is what you ladies think of it all. I agree with you that is destructive to marriage etc, but it always has been and always will be, this is one thing that will never change.

Answer by older at 10:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2010