my daughter has a winter ball . she knows its a dance but she 's not sure what to wear to one, dress or gown?

All my dances in school were called a dance or homecoming, or prom, I can't seem to help her Because I never heard of a winter ball what exactly is thAT.? HELP. THANKS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• it's a dressy event. a dress would be fine. Tell her to ask her friends what they are wearing then maybe one day mom can take daughter and a few friends to the mall to pick out dresses together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My daughter had one before christmas. I tried to get her to wear a gown but she told me it was a dress formal... So have her wear a dress...
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I always think of a gown when I hear the word "ball". I guess you should get her something similar to what she would wear to the prom.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Better yet.....have her talk to friends or to anyone who is going to the Ball before guessing what should be worn/. Every school is different, the kids are different, standards and preferences are different.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My high school had prom, homecoming, TWIRP, and senior dance and both prom and homecoming were classified formal aka long dresses that come from dress shops.

The winter ball at PV (my hubby's high school) was formal and the girls dressed for it like they would prom. Long dresses that are beaded, or poofy. I guess this is what you are referring to as a gown.

She can always ask someone at school a teacher should be able to tell her if it is formal = gown or just dressy = dress or dressy outfit.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would call the school and ask if it is formal like the prom or more semi-formal.
    Anonymous