QUICK I NEED ADVISE

my cat licked a little aspercreme heat pain relieving gel off the container and her mouth is watering..and now she is rubbing herself against the carpet...will she be ok??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pets

• She should be fine if it was a small amount. Cats will salivate like that when they tast something nasty. You might want to call the vet though and have the thing handy so you can read the ingrediants to them.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• she should be fine...its just hot. Make sure she has some water to drink
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• just keep an eye on her for vomitting. I know it isn't the greatest choice but maybe give her a little bowl of milk to entice her to drink and wash it away. I am sure the rubbing is because of the stuff heating up and it is unusual to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• you need to thoroughly wash her mouth out, just like you would if you'd licked it. she probably ingested a bit..give her lots of water..she'll be fine. if you are still worried, call your vet or grooming salon for more advice.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:22 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Man I bet that tasted bad! she should be fine - see if there is an 800 number on the aspercream. My dog licked Gorilla Glue and I had to call the 800 number who referred me to a person who was a specialist. The dog was fine....:)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Don't give your cat milk. It will make her sick. Cats lack the enzymes needed to process and digest milk. They are actually lactose intolerant.

Keep a bowl of cold, fresh water handy and encourage her to drink it. You can also try to give her some soft, moist food (if you have any) it will take the taste of the cream away. If she starts to vomit or act funny, get her to a vet.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010