what are the worst foods to eat?

I'm trying to get healthy.I am trying to determine what the worst foods are to eat. Anyone have any input?

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• milk, and processed foods with chemicals. if you don't know what the ingredients are, you shouldn't eat it. I always find adding more good foods is easier than deleting the bad foods at first. switch to brown rice, pasta and bread. drink 2-3 litres of water a day. eat 5 veggies and 3 fruits a day. that alone will keep you pretty busy, We have salads with kale swiss chard and spinach. it was hard to get used to, but oh sooo healthy!!

good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Fried ANYTHING. If it's fried it's bad for you. Soda's are bad for drinking, they contain a lot of sugar and that's about it. And junk (cake, ice cream, candy, etc) is bad if it's consumed a lot. Really sugary and fried foods are the ones to look out for the most. And processed food. I stick with veggies, fruits, and chicken/turkey (I physically can't eat red meat). Eating healthy makes your body feel better also. If you want any recipes I have a ton :) Good luck! it's hard switching to a healthy diet :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Fast food. And those boxed breakfast things. Like the sausage and egg. OMG take a look at the back of the box. Im with you on this. Its hard bc I love sweets. Cake and ice cream. lol I dont keep it in though. If I want something sweet I just stop and get an ice cream cone. Good luck!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Why not focus on the best foods to eat?

First, drink your water! At least 8 8oz glasses a day. Add a glass for every beverage you have with caffeine or alcohol
    Next, eat your fruits and veggies; 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Start replacing your white/simple grains (white rice, white pasta, white bread, you get the picture) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, barley, quinoa, whole grain bread, etc.).
    Now cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Eat at least one serving of legumes a day: beans, lentils, tofu, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Canned foods bc they are lined with BPA. Boxed "food" because it's not food. It's synthetic.

If it doesn't rot in under 1 week, it is not healthy. It is filled with chemicals.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2010