May be a odd question but.. Have you ever taken a pregnancy test and..

Not told your DH/SO about taking the test??? I mean I know that if the results were positive you had told him of course. What was your reasoning in not telling him?

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 10:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• i did it before. It was before me and DH were trying to have a baby. I was just a few days late so i got worried but at the same time i didnt think that i was so i didnt see a reason to scare him when i wasnt sure yet. And it came back neg. so there was nothing to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• yes, bc i didn't want to bother him with the whole situation if it wasn't a situation.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• yes. I have taken 2 since my son was born 7/24/09 b/c I still don't have a period and we aren't using any protection other than me bf our son. With our older son I got my period after going back to work and he wouldn't take formula ever. My baby does drink formula and I went back to work after 2 months. I have taken the test (both neg) just to make sure since I won't know when I start ovulating. I did take a test or two after my first son while still nursing as well.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 10:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• No, but want to hear something funny? I handed him a positive pregnancy test when I got home from worrk. He said "but there is a two blue lines. That's a negative right?" I said, "no, it's definately positive" He said "mother fucker" LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Yes and when I got the positive test. I had my sister help my write baby on my belly with an arrow. Then when hubby got home from work. I asked hime to look at my tummy I have a weird mark on it. I love the looked on his face when he looked.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I was obssessive about testing while TTC, so I just kept it to myself until I got a positive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have taken 3 in the last five months and have not told dh at all. I am breastfeeding, on the minipill and haven't gotten my period since my daughter was born. I take a test right before I go buy my next pack of pills. Anyway, I don't tell dh because we are struggling as is and he doesn't need the extra stress (even if it is for that 1 minute of waiting for the result) of wondering if we are pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my oldest, I didn't tell his sperm donor until after I tested (and got a positive on the second - never told him about the first test) b/c I knew that if I told him, he'd run. I knew if he heard the words "I think I might be pregnant" or even just "I'm late", he'd take off. So, I waited to have a positive test, so that if he ran, at least it would be for a legit reason. Of course, it took me another 3 yrs to realize that if I was afraid he'd take off over that, he probably wasn't someone I wanted to be with anyway, but whatever. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Plently! why? just because we are married doesn't mean we are joined at the hip. Why worry him for no reason?!
    Anonymous

• Yeah I did. With our first son We bought the pack but it was for just in case. Well one morning before gettin the shower i took it got a postive. He was tryin to break down the door because I had it locked so when I unlocked it & he saw me holdin a postive pt was like "really" "omg" "omg""awesome" Good day...good day =)
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010