Lazy or doing the best for the family??

Just wondering....would you consider this wife lazy? If your family is struggling to make it, but dh works full time, the wife stays at home doing the normal household chores and attends college 3/4 time, the kids are in school full time (still to young to be home alone after school or if sick) would you consider her lazy or encourage her to finish her degree in order to get a decent paying job in the future?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Encourage her to get a degree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If it was possible I'd say she should get a job as well. Maybe nights or weekends when DH can be home with the kids. It is hard but can be done. When my older son was 1 I was pregnant and working f/t and going to school f/t. DH also worked f/t. It wasn't easy but we did it.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 10:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Encourage. I wouldn't consider her lazy at all
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• She should look for a part-time job to contribute to the household. Many have that sheep skins now and are ahead of her and are struggling finding a job now. She'll just be behind them in line. I say try to get anything now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• She is finishing school right? 3/4 time is good. I wouldn't consider her lazy at all and finishing school is always the best option :)
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i would not consider her lazy. School 3/4 plus a family full time, even though kids are in school is still a ton! What seems to happen when moms go to work is they tend to have less time for cooking, so you spend even more money on convenient foods. Also, if kids are in school full time they probably need supervision with homework after school. Another benefit to staying at home is that dinner can be prepared while kids are at school, leaving mom available for homework, after school activities etc.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• What she is doing is fine. I would want to know what the degree was in and how much of the tuition was coming from the family budget and how much is scholarships and grants. Some degrees just don't pay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Thank you ladies! I guess I am just stressed, I strive to do the best in everything...I do all the house work, pets and child care, including the school volunteering. I am feeling like I was just being lazy since the kids are back in school and I have a week of no school or kids at home. Not sure what to do with me time?
    PS don't let the kids know about the eating out if I go to work or they would ship me off for a happy meal for McDonalds (we only eat out maybe twice a month)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• The degree is in Child and Family Service, I am about half way done. I am attendeing a community college so the book rental and tuition is covered between grants and scholarships. The only cost to the family budget is the cost of the internet need for the online classes, even when I have to go to campus I make sure to schedule other reasons to go to the area since it is a 50 minute drive to justify the gas money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• What to dowith your extra week: clean all your closets, vacuum behind the TV and other such once or twice a and year activites that just make a house feel loved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2010