Rockers. A neccessity?

I could not live wout my rocker. I still use it everyday to put my daughter to sleep. My friend and cousin are both pregnant and they seem to think they dont need one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• My rocker was the most used piece of 'baby furniture' we had except for the crib and changing table. Different strokes for different folks.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have three kids and we have never used a rocker.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Love mine !! Didn't think I needed it either... You can have the Diaper Genie and the swing ..give me the Rocker :)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i never used a rocker. I was always rocked to sleep but never with a rocker. And that's what I do with my son. I just rock him
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have mine saved in my attic to be used for future grandkids, I loved it! It was my time to bond, I used it for all three of my kids. To me it is essential, those who have never used it are missing out on a wonderful experience. I rocked my last child, (my son) until he was two, and he himself said to me, no more rocking! It was a sad day!

Answer by older at 10:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i refused to use one or have one in the house. jmho, but when you rock a baby to sleep you are doing it to comfort you. the baby will become dependent on the rocking motion and you'll be on here in a year asking how to get your baby to sleep on his own.
    my mil was a crazy baby rocker, she would actually wake up my son so she could sit in the recliner with him and rock him to sleep. Definition of Insane in my opinion. Out went the rockers. Anyway, my husband is almost fifty, and he still rocks himself to sleep without realizing it every night.She raised two of DH's nieces and they still rock themselves to sleep and they are in their late twenties. No joke.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:10 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I used one wih my first baby. It was given to me, I really didn't want it but it came in handy. For a while. With my second, worthless. Honestly, I'd rather just have not had it at all.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My mom loaned me one when my son was born. Someone told her it would be easy for nursing. I didn't find it easy for nursing (the arms were not at a comfortable height for me) and never really used it. I gave it back before my second child was born and have never missed it! I think it depends on the mom and baby- it's a must have for some and a useless item for others!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have 4 kids, about to have my 5th. With my first 3 I didn't have a rocker at all. With my 4th, we have a rocker/recliner in the living room that I thought I would use, but I really don't. All of my kids have gone to sleep by themselves - no rocking needed.

Answer by missanc at 12:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• No, not necessary.
    Anonymous