DD Has Nightmares!?!?!?!?!

DD is 14 months, and she's been having nightmares lately. At least I think, she'll wake up, well I think she wakes up, she sleeps in the room with me in her pack and play, I'll be woken up to her SCREAMING, then just start crying. I rush to her pick her up, cuddle her, calm her down, then put her back in bed, and she goes right to sleep. Last night was the worst one yet, it sounded like she was yelling at someone in her sleep(in her baby language lol), then she just went to this heart wrenching screaming and sobbing. So is she having nightmares? And if so, how do I help? I didn't know babies this little could have nightmares??

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 10:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could she be cutting her molars? My son has been screaming in his sleep and he's cutting those dagum molars
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Babies can get night terrors. Its basically what you describe. Many don't even really wake up when it happens. Its perfectly normal. You can mention it to your doctor but I would be that's what's going on.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 11:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• my 19 month old gets them from time to time, every night i make sure he knows that mommy is here so franklynn is ok and if he does have a bad dream which ends with him screaming bloody murder i rush to him and tell him its ok it was just a dream, after a min or two of cuddle time he goes right back to sleep on his own.....perfectly normal for young toddlers
    he did do it every night there for a little while but it has slowly came down to one terror a week or so....if u are concerned ask your doc, but it will take some time for sleeping to get better
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• kids can start having nightmears at 9 mts. my dd is almost 3 and suffers form night s. they are getting worse now (weare on vactaion) am guessing she is becoming homesick. she is waking up 3 times a night in a total scream. since my dd has night s i dont comfort her cuz that makes them worse i just watch her to make sure she doesnt get hurt and once is done she goes back to bed
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010