What causes baby acne? (or milk bumples as I say)

So my daughter has pimples (I like milk bumps better)... what causes them? Is there anyway I can make them go away faster? Just curious.

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 10:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They told us at the hospital that it was caused by the baby lotion. My first had it cuz I used the lotion all the time. My second never had it and I didn't start with the lotion till he was about 3 or 4 months.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I never put lotion on dd's face and she still has the little white pumps on her nose. She is 19 days now and they are starting to fade. I don't think there really is anything you can do to make them go away faster, just keep the baby clean.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My peditrician said the baby acne was from my hormones leaving the babies body and it would go away on its own by a month and a half or so. He also said I could apply some over the counter hydrocortizone (sp?) if I wanted. I opted not to apply anything and my baby is a little over 3 weeks old and his skin has cleared up.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• my sons doctor said its from the hormones passed from breast milk to baby.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 12:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• well i have no idea what causes it but my son is 3 months and gets the WORST pimples i've ever seen when he was born he had the clearest prettiest skin and then it started with the bumps and now they are just straight pimples it's terrible! i keep him clean and i dont use any lotion anywhere on his body so im hoping they will go away eventually i just dont know when
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 1:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2010