Does anyone know any really good smoothie recipes?

JamieLK

Asked by JamieLK at 10:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• This is my standard: frozen blueberries, frozen banana chunks, kale (lots of iron and calcium), kiwi or orange juice or another vitamin C source (to increase the absorbtion of the iron), yogurt, soy milk or apple cider

Answer by rkoloms at 1:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Smoothies are so easy. I never follow a recipe. I freeze fruit that's in season - strawberries, blueberries, mangoes (peeled & diced), kiwi (peeled & quartered), bananas (peeled & chunked), etc. When my kids want one, I throw whatever fruits in the blender til it's 3/4 full. I also frequently put in baby carrots, avocado, spinach, and other stuff I can't think of (we really only do smoothies in the summer, it's been a while since I made any!). I pour juice over the fruit (100%, apple, grape, Juicy Juice, but only 100% juice). I blend it til it's smooth and the kids just love it! If it's too thick I just add a little more juice. I have done it with water before, and it is good, the juice just sweetens it up a bit if the fruit wasn't totally ripe or just not sweet.
    Anonymous