how do i get my 4 month old to nap

my DS is 4 months and typically a happy baby but wont nap for more than 20 minutes here and there. I have tried everything and I'm completely exhausted. He's not colic or anything just wont nap. I was curious on opinions of letting him cry it out for awhile. he gets exhausted but cant settle. Not trying to start drama just trying to see if I should let him cry for awhile. Ive tried putting him in his crib and rub his back, music, rocking etc..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son hated to nap hes now almost 9 months and he only naps once a day and goes to sleep at 10 because he wont go to sleep.
    -try sitting and playing with him or walking around, if he doesnt want to do any of that let him cry for a little while. i used to put my son in his crib and let him cry for a little while then pick him up and lay down with him, he used to go right to sleep. now he crawls and plays so he tires himself out.
    damiens_mommyxo

Answer by damiens_mommyxo at 6:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2010