hubby and I are thinking about him joining the Navy or Marines..any advice &/or thoughts?? good or bad? ??? :)

We have 3 kids under the age of 4, we have been together for 9 years (on and off since high school) but married 3 :) just looking for some financial stability and since we gre up in military families we want to check out our options :)

ciliapitt

Asked by ciliapitt at 11:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• my hubby was a marine. It was a love hate relationship for him. He loved it when he was in, but also wanted to be done. He doesn't want to go back, but in some ways misses it. Airforce has a better standard of living. Nicer, cleaner bases for the most part. I would suggest you read about all branches online and decide what he wants to specialize in if he should join. My hubby was an MP, and now he is a cop. It was in his blood, and his military experience helped him get the job he has now. Good luck.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Well if you have a family already and are going to join up in the military I would suggest choosing the Air Force - they are gone the least amount of time - and would stay FAR AWAY from the Navy x.x Just my opinion.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• We tried the Air Force which I would prefer 100% but they said we have to many dependents (3 Kids) I know the good and bad cause we were both military growing up... I had a friend who also was marine and her husband felt the same way your did and 3 years later he went back in and now he appreciates it more and loves it... im exited and nervous at the same time lol
    ciliapitt

Answer by ciliapitt at 11:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Sandra I am lol cause I know exactly what you mean about the navy.. but I feel is hubby was to cheat I think it would be regardless if he was in the navy or not and I trust him 100% and he knows whats to lose so if he was to I would be like bye lol but I really do trust him wth all of my heart :)
    ciliapitt

Answer by ciliapitt at 11:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Semper Fi

Marines in uniform are so sexy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• lol agree... SEXY lol
    ciliapitt

Answer by ciliapitt at 11:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i agree with anon...i married my hubby on the beach in hawaii where he was stationed in his dress blues. So hot!
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:55 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think it can be a wonderful experience for your family. Just know that deployment is required. But with a family, I would choose Air Force over either Navy or Marines. There are less USAF on front lines. They are more behind the scenes. The Marines are the first ones there...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My husband is a Marine, trust me its hard enough with one kid! But with the economy the way it is a lot of people are in your same position! I would say try it after 4 years if its not for you then he can get out! My hubby is staying in.... And YES my hubby us very sexy in his uniform!!!! :)
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 11:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• lol heather :)
    ciliapitt

Answer by ciliapitt at 12:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2010