3 yr. old always playing with his penis?

Ever since we have been potty training my son he is ALWAYS playing with his penis, he sqeezes it and is always messing with it. I know he is just curious, but to do it all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's normal. Don't fret!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• LOL - I do not think they ever stop once they start! No, seriously I think that most lil boys do that when they discover it.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My ds is also 3 and since he noticed it he's been touching it, some times even in his sleep! So my guess is that men do it all the time(or majority would if they had the tie to), so the lil guys must not be different; come to think of it I think this bond with their man hood starts when they're young(hey what are you!? touch, hmm that feels good. and never stop after that). I got over it and accepted it as a part of nature; plus I talked to the doc about it because I thought he was kinda young to be doing it(after he turned 1) and he told me he was probably doing it for self soothing, or comfort.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Totally normal! http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/Rdelacal/Lifestartmen.gif

Answer by older at 12:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It's normal. Keep reminiding him that he is to do that in his room only. It is a private thing. Males never stop once they find it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My husband is 37 and still does that ;) My 9 year old nephews are being taught that is something they aren't supposed to do in public...I think that's the best way to teach them. Instead of freaking out and making them think it's wrong and dirty.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Normal! My son loves to play with his, LOL!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Yes, that is normal. If you want to, you could find some outfits that prevent him from having access to it, like overalls. Of course, that won't help when he's undressed for the potty. My 17 month old always grabs his when I take off his diaper. I just wish he wouldn't do that when he's poopy!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2010