is there a nipple cream besides lanisoh? i have been using it daily - but i hate the consistency of it - and how hard it is to get out of the tube. i have arthritis in my hands bad - any other nipple creams youd recommend, that isnt that thick goop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can use vasiline if you prefer that, just wipe it off before nursing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Gerber makes one that comes in a stick, like chapstick only a lot bigger.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• is it safe to put vaseline on the entire nipple area?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Use your own milk as a lubricant.
    Anonymous

• I have never seen it in a store, but I just found them online at Kmart and Sears.
    Photobucket
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Olive Oil- it is an antimicrobial so it will help prevent yeast, absorbs almost instantly and does not need to be washed off (that defeats the purpose!)

also, any petroleum based products (things like vaseline- and the gerber balm) can and will actually pull moisture away from skin over a period of time. they do not provide moisture, they are a barrier that is intended to hold moisture in- part of why they are a contributing factor to an outbreak of thrush.
    berts bees is also VERY good for moisturizing dry/sore.chapped nipples, does not need to be washed off and is in a chapstick tube so it is easy to apply- it smells good too. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• The medela brand is not as thick as lansinoh but still very good.
    ciejsgirl

Answer by ciejsgirl at 12:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• The first few days I got chapped but I couldnt use the Lansinoh due to allergies. The Gerber worked great and Ive NEVER had thrush or any uncomfortability since.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I LOVE Motherlove Nipple Cream. Unfortunately, I've only been able to find it online. It costs about the same as Lansinoh. It's not sticky. It's olive oil based, with I believe shea butter and a few other ingredients. It can also be used as diaper cream or lip balm. The stuff is AMAZING.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Oh, and it comes in a jar.
    Krysta622