pull ups?

my 10 yr old was doing so good.she went a month with out pullups,she was so happy.all of a sudden she is peeing the bed again.she said she wasnt but i had an idea.so laundry day i went to do hers.oh my gosh.its not like she went once she went alot.im thinking is it because she is going back to school.i asked her if she wanted to take karate for her self esteem.she said yes but does she have to do it with other kids and that she wanted a private class.i asked why and she said kids are so mean.what does everyone think?

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Wetting the bed can be a sign of other medical problems. If you haven't i would suggest you talk to her doctor. If she is just a hard sleeper I would set an alarm and wake her up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• first, i would rule out medical reasons. if the problem is emotional, then i would suggest a family counselor. if it is hard/ deep sleeping, then i would look int alarms for sheets, they detect the first sign of wetness, waking the child, and allowing them the chance to get up and go. For some reason chiropractic care can help in some situations as well. what you mention about karate...maybe there are emotional reasons as to why she is doing this. If karate is something she would like, then why not take a class with her, one for families not one just for kids.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• not trying to be rude and please dont take it that way but i had this same problem with my sd it started a 9..she went to several drs..nothing was wrong..she went to counsling they all said nothing was wrong..until in counsling one day they concluded she was intentionally wetting the bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was so peeved! she done this from 9 to 12 yrs of age...urg its so flusterating...like i said im not sayin this is why shes doing it..but it could be...we tried meds and all kinds of things..in the end we got ibuprofen and gave to my sd telling her it was a pill from the dr that made her stop wetting the bed..she took it for like 6mnths and then we told her the rx ran out..that it was time to do it on her own and whola..she has not wet the bed in several months! worth a try...maybe it is something with self esteem i was willing to try anything
    Anonymous

• I wet the bed until I was about 10. As a child, I was devestated that this was happening to me and I never slept at anyone's home. My mother took me to a doctor who did some sleep testing and it was determined that I was so tired, I went into a deep, deep sleep. I could not wake up when the urge hit me to go potty. The dr said that I was not permitted anything to drink after 8:00 and my mother had to wake me up twice a night to go to the bathroom. Maybe there is another reason she is having problems - psycologically or physically.

Finally, you said that she wanted private lessons because other kids are mean to her. Has she stated why and what they are doing to her? Wetting the bed may be her way of acting out aggression. Talk with her. Let her know that you are there for her. Remember, the more you get on your dd, the more embarrassed she will be and it is more likely she will try to hide things from you.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 12:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I think she has selfesteem problems . you may need tro help her with that a little. find out why kids are teasing her. and maybe help her change whats she;s doing . and do it in a different way, or if its that the kids at school do better than she does at certain things, then maybe your husband and yourself can practice with her. whether it's playing a game or school work.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:11 AM on Jan. 8, 2010