Jesus as a toddler.

Have you ever wondered what Jesus was like as a child. The bible does not speak of his childhood except the age of 12 I think. Im sure he was meek, obedient, and very intelligent.

Can you imagine yourself being his mother..."Jesus. Stop walking on the water NOW and take your bath!" LOL

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 12:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• 3gigles, thank you for at least TRYING to bring a little laughter. Those really are witty and kinda cute. Can you imagine what it would be like trying to get the mice out of your house, though?
    "Jesus, how many times have I told you, mommy wants the mice dead. Now stop bringing them back to life!" lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Perhaps you need to investigate books that are banned from the Bible. There ARE accounts of Jesus's childhood.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I often question WHY Jesus' life in the bible skips the way it does. I often find myself not believing in the Bible, it was written by man, therefore it doensn't hold up to me.
    Anonymous

• at least he would always have clean feet! lol

wish MY kids had superpowers beyond being able to take ANYTHING apart. (we have to keep the tool chest in a locked room with a padlock on it!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I wondered that to. Because is Jesus was free from sin so he must have been obedient to his parents wishes but what about normal innocent mischief. Like pulling the dogs tail or bringing dirt into the house.  Children learn form experiance so Jesus surley learned in the same manner being human right?

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• "Jesus? Mama put water in your sippy. Stop turning it into wine. Its not good for a growing boy."

"Oh Im too tired to make dinner. Jesus, honey, will you make fish tonight?"

"No baby Jesus. We cant afford Holy Cheerios this week."

I might delete this. Im terrible!!!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i would imagine Jesus woulda gotten into normal mischief as that wouldnt be a sin...especially if his parents had never told him not to do it haha. i dont think Jesus must have done many miraculous things as a kid, that or his parents just werent real bright. i mean, if he did miracles wouldnt his parents have taken him to their Rabbi or something?

i often figured the childhood of Jesus isnt mentioned in the Bible b/c the guys who wrote it didnt know Jesus back then. im sure Jesus didnt spend a whole lot of time telling stories about his childhood...and if he did what would make them Bible worthy? i like the Dogma (movie) idea that He didnt know his role until he was in his 20s or so.

there are stories of Jesus' as a child in the Koran, too. if im not mistaken i think its a story on a roof w/ something to do w/ clay doves that Jesus was turning into real birds & another kid's death. not sure on the specifics.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Why would Jesus be doing miraculous things as a child, when he was supposedly sent here as a human, to show others how they too can be human AND all forgiving and loving? If he was to be the ultimate human role model, then he should have behaved as a human.
    I think this is the greatest tragedy of his life...people place him on a godly pedestal, therefore excusing themselves from being as good as he was. It gives people permission to fall short...when he was in fact a human being, living life in a manner we are all capable of. If only you look upon him as the human he was instead of the god he wasn't.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Ihartu those books contradict the bible in many cases and are not there for a reason. Jesus as a child is not important what he did as an adult is.
    Anonymous