How do i get rid of my 5mointh old cough frm his cold,what over the counter med can i use,an is it ok to try tylonol muti symtoms for cold an cough an how much should he recieve?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told no cough medicine is safe for infants. The only thing you can use is a cool mist humidifier and regular tylenol...at least that's what my son's ped. told me.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Babies and over the counter meds are very dangerous. If you talk to a pharmacist they will not give you any advice. Call your doctor.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• NO NO NO
    Anonymous

• No meds unless approved by your pediatrician. A cough is the bodies way of getting rid of what is in the lungs. Why would you want to prevent that. Unless the baby isn't sleeping then I wouldn't worry about it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• we have never used cold medicines in our house. it is soo hard to watch our little ones suffer, but the cough is getting rid of virus and dead cells. let the body do what it has to do. you can always get a vaporizer for the winter time. Houses are very dry. Also, be sure that your baby is getting enough to drink. If you are breast feeding, then put your baby to breast whenever you can!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• No medications unless prescribed by his doctor. Sit with him in a steamy bathroom, use a vaporizer in the bedroom, sometimes I even use the vapor plug ins.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• no OTC meds he is to young..Try vicks baby rub, a cool mist humidifier, steam out the bathroom. The cough will eventually go away just give it time and let the body heal itself
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 2:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• ZERO!1 IF THE COUCH IS BAD ENOUGH A HUMIDFIER OR IF ITS HORRIBLE THE DOC WILL PRESCRIBED A NEBULIZER. NO COLD MEDS AT ALL/ SALINE DROPS, KEEP THE BABY ELEVATED
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• NO cold medicines for baby!!!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2010