Christians, are there days when it seems like you are turning the other cheek on every other corner?

I know it sounds weird, but do you find it a little easier to turn the cheek when there are so many more opportunities to turn the other cheek? It is almost like you get more practice, it gets easier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Perhaps it's a sign telling you to get off line!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Turning the other cheek is very easy concept to understand but so hard to do sometimes. Yes I live in a big city and I run into some rude people. I get a little mad but I have to remember my kids are right there but I allow noone to insult my kids...yes its happened. As far as people in my family, Im starting to get more assertive as I get older. Im not mean to them, but Im just saying it like it is. Lets just be honest with one another is all. As far as CM? I take it for what it is.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have to do it online all the time especially on Cafemom. So many have so much hate for my faith they are blinded to their own intolerance. I just pray for them and move on.
    Anonymous

• kristie, that was not nice.
    its not always easy to let things slide, when someone/thing is offensive. personally, i don't like the way it makes me look when i bite back, as my tone is usually harsher than it would be if i'd given myself a moment to calm down and walk away. a little maturity goes a long way in dealing with others. 'turning the other cheek' does not make one a doormat..it simply allows you (the offended one) to walk in grace and not put yourself in a position to be ugly.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If someone is feeling the need to turn the cheeck on EVERY OTHER Corner, the issue is probably with the individual themselves, not the corners
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• today is a good day to learn the lesson of turn the other cheek. God is using his people as tools to learn how to show love and hate when faced with rude remarks.
    Anonymous

• the issue is probably with the individual themselves, not the corners

This
    Anonymous

or with the indivdual who is mad her comments got deleted
    Anonymous

• Its easy... I just let things roll off my back.
    The only time it is hardest is with those closest to me in heart. I am easily offended when they say or do things and its usually something that has to be dealt with in my own heart. People closest to you draw more out and its often for me God's way of saying time to cut this root or that root.
    Love prevails and when someone does something ugly love and grace should pour out more than hate and no grace.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• or with the indivdual who is mad her comments got deleted

Riiiight because I brought something up that occurred last night.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2010