Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would be the probable outcome if....

Instead of going in to my scheduled c-section this coming week, I decided not to go and wait until her head is practically crowning so I can get the VBAC I want? Would my doctors listen to me then or would they still try and perform the cesarean?? I know you can't give me the 100% true answer, but what do you think they would do?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • are you for real?? I think you are endangering the welfare of your unborn baby.

    Seems she is trying to give her child the most natural and healthy birth possible. C sections are bad for children and mother unless absolutely needed.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • i'm sure itwould depend on the situation as to why you had a c-section last time. Maybe try calling the hospital and ask w/out giving your name. Just explaint tot them what happens in that case. I've never had a c-section so I really can't say. GL and congrats on the new soon to be born baby.
    jombmomi

    Answer by jombmomi at 12:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • are you for real?? I think you are endangering the welfare of your unborn baby.
    jenniferleah

    Answer by jenniferleah at 12:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • I would tell them you want to attempt the vbac. If they are concerned and these concerns seem legit to you then do it their way, but if you think and feel they want to do what easiest for them or they're not trying to hear you out then do it your way!!! I think that if you are thinking and feeling like you should do the vbac, go for it!!! Its kinda like when a mom is pregnant and she just keep feeling and thinking that she doesn't want this baby/pregnancy and some time later has a miscarriage or stillbirth; its not because of her thoughts that did it, its our instincts telling us somethings not right and therefore won't get attached(some times we don't get these warnings, some times we do, it depends if you listen to your body and or inner voice/conscience!). GL and I hope it goes your way!!!!
    ladyd6280

    Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • Talk to your Doctor, not Cafe Mom.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • It depends why you need the scheduled C-section. Don't you think that they health and well being of you and your child is more important than how the baby is delivered?
    tyfry7496

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • I guess worse case scenario would be your uterus ruptures and kills both you and your baby. Or your baby has shoulder dystocia or arrest of descent. Those are not enough to try to play bleeding heart martyr and wait to possibly VBAC.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • op here; yes the health and wellbeing of both of us is more important which is why i want to vbac. with my insurance i had to go to this doctor and i already know their rules are ridiculuous but i never had time or means to find a supportive midwife. they want to cut me open because my last child was born by emergency c-section and she's only 13 months old, my baby is due next week and they want to do the cesarean a week before my due date. i know it's got nothing to do with rupture they just want to cover their asses. well i want to cover mine also; by not going under the freakin knife. my cervix hasn't even changed yet at 38 weeks so she's not even ready to come out!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • Like the other PP's said, it depends on the reason you had a c-section in the first place, and also why the doctors think you need one now. I had an emergency c-section with my first because his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and when I went into labor every contraction tightened the cord and his heart rate dropped. With my second, they gave me the option of vbac or c-section because the first one was a medical emergency for the baby, not for me. There are reasons why they may not want you to try vbac that may cause harm to you or the baby. you have every right to tell them that you want to attempt a vbac but be warned that an emergency c-section is more dangerous than a scheduled c-section, so think it over well. I had a vbac with my second and third children and it worked out fine for me, but that is not true for everybody. Talk openly with your doctor about it.
    AprilDJC

    Answer by AprilDJC at 12:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • Find a new doctor if they won't at least try to honor your wishes.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN