Dr. thinks I may be having signs of preclampsia

What do you ladies think. I told my doctor I have been having bad headaches on and off. If I stand or walk around for a bit, I get a tingly sensation in my legs (feels like a bunch of fire ants biting me.) I have noticed some swelling in my legs and feet. He checked around my ankles and did say they were a little swollen and my blood pressure was a little high. He told me to try to stay off my feet as much as possible and keep my feet propped up. He said I may be getting preclampsia. I never experienced this with my last two pregnancies.

lulucollins23

Asked by lulucollins23 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you having a boy? I had that with my son, but not my girls. Do as he says and just lay down and take it easy. If they think you may have it, that is a good sign that they know what they are doing. But if your feet get more swollen, you should contact your dr. right away. Good Luck Mama! and Congrats!
    dolphinkisses

Answer by dolphinkisses at 12:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Swelling, headaches and slightly elevated (not high) blood pressure can be normal in pregnancy, but if your doctor is worried then just follow his orders with the relaxing and keeping feet up. I don't think it means that you could end up with preeclampsia but always better to be safe then sorry. Drink so much water that you can't stand it anymore and if the headaches don't go away with sleep or tylenol definitely call your ob. Remember also you can't have preeclampsia without protein in the urine.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like classic signs. I never had it but learned of it in a mom to be group and pregnancy shows. Preeclampsia can be dangerous only if it becomes eclampsia because the blood pressure sky rockets, it can cause gestational diabete's, and other things. You were caught early enough to monitor. Do as doc says, watch you sugar and salt intake!!! No pickles, french fries, ANY fried foods, soda(NONE), increase water or try anything low in sugar. DO ANYTHING THEY SAY TO PREVENT HAVING THIS BABY TOO EARLY, that's the risk of this!!!! Good Luck, my heart and prayers are with you. God bless.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2010