BH CONTRACTIONS

im 34, almost 35 weeks and havent felt bh contractions. This is my first pregnancy so im not sure what they feel like. Is it bad that im not feeling them? should i be feeling them at this point?

fenska87

Asked by fenska87 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• not really not all women feel them. consider youself lucky, lol...the kinda feel like a slow sqeeze of your uterus...sometimes it may hurt but most of the time its just uncomfortable...as you get closer to your due date you may or may not start feeling things going on down there.
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• it is not a bad thing. i never felt them for my first child, and it turns out none of my true contractions are painful. i swear, if my water didn't break i wouldn't know i was in labor!

congrats on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I didn't have any either- maybe one my whole pregnancy- so don't worry. You might have had one and didn't even know it. When I got to the hospital to be induced they hooked me up to the monitor and said "Oh, you're having contractions!" I had no idea. It kind of just felt like my baby had pushed herself up against the top of my tummy- turned out that what I had been feeling for a few days were contractions. But it isn't a bad thing to not have the BH- don't worry, the real ones will come eventually regardless! LOL! Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I never had them with my first pregnancy either. I'm 35.5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child, and I've been having them for about a month. Mine feel like menstrual cramps, which is basically what my contractions felt like.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• BH contractions happen throughout pregnancy, whether you feel them or not. Feeling them or not feeling them means nothing. I felt them all the time with my first, never with my second, and both were full-term pregnancies. So it doesn't mean anything one way or the other.

FYI, when you feel them it's usually because your stomach gets hard and then releases. Sometimes it's accompanied by pain, sometimes not; mine never were with my first. You're not missing anything glorious and wonderful, I promise, lol. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I did not have them with my first two but this one I am. Like the others said, just tightening and sometimes they hurt a little, sometimes not!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• most woman dont feel bh with their first pregnancy but the more kids u have the ore u can feel this, im on baby 4 and if it wasnt for my bh contractions being scattered all through the day and night (no pattern) i would think i was in labour lol as im writing this am having a bh contraction now but a use these as a practise for breathing in real labour lol it soon pass's so yr lucky u dont feel this xx good luck xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 5:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2010