Do you think it's ok to sell my dogs puppies or should I just give them away?

My dog had 5 puppies on new years day. She's a shih tzu and the father is half yorkie and chiahuaha, so they will be small dogs. I was thinking of selling them for about $300 each. I know it's going to be hard on my 8 year old when the leave, so I told him that maybe we can get a plasma tv with the money, I think that will make him feel better. I kind of feel bad selling them instead of giving them away. They will be alot of work once they start running around.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 1:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pets

• $300 for mutts? Good Luck with that!
    Anonymous

• $300 might be a bit much for mixed breed dogs. You would probably have more luck selling them for $100 unless you have taken them to they vet to have them wormed and what-not. Good Luck!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• why would you feel bad about selling them? Although i think $300 for a mutt puppy is a bit much. I paid $500 for a pure bred boxer and that was a low end price. You might want to do some research on a good price. $50 to $100 at the most.
    Anonymous

• Well your going to be hard pressed to get $300 for a mixed pup no matter how cute they are! I would charge about $100 but if you know they are going to a good home, heck just give them away! I want one! I have a shitzu my self the best doggies in the world! Are you keeping one??
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Sell them. If someone pays $$$ for them they have a better chance of being cared for.
    Anonymous

• Not 300 too much for a mutt.More like 30-50
    Anonymous

• I was going to sell them for $200, but my friends sister sold her mutts for $300 and $350. She had no problem selling them, she had more people wanting them, than she had puppies.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• well, give it a shot. I wouldn't pay that much for a mixed breed. I can go adopt one at the shelter for much less.
    Anonymous

• give them away
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• too much
    Anonymous