If I am pregnant AND fat, does that mean I will fail my glucose test?

Anyone out there who is didn't fail the 1hr glucose test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i weight 240 before i got preg and my dr said im normal

just cause your a bigger girl dont mean you will have it theres more of a chance but my sister in law is skinny and she got preg and had it so dont means you always will just have to eat healthy and work out
    Anonymous

• nope i was 196 when i got pregnant and i had a very healthy pregnancy
    Anonymous

• With my first, I failed the 1 hr test, but passed the 3 hr test. With my second, I failed both.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• No, I always failed. Hated doing the 3 hour test.
    Anonymous

• I was pregnant and fat both times (200 and 186 pre-preg, respectively), and passed the 1-hour glucose test both times with flying colors.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I was 225 when we found out we were pregnant with our 1st and I was border line on the first test and so I had to do the three hour to make sure. I passed that one and had a very healthy pregnancy. With this one which is my second I passed right away and Im not 237 so I dont think the size matters it just depends on you.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Size doesn't really matter. I've always been between 110-120 pre-pregnancy and I've had gestational diabetes with 3 out of my 4 pregnancies.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• No. Your glucose test has nothing to do with your weight.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If you are having a girl, she has a higher than average chance of having PCOS

Answer by rkoloms at 2:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• just eat as healthy as possible. i've read it's good to try to eat more low glycemic index foods and less high GI foods.

i'm worried about the same because i'm really overweight. i told my mom and she said she was really overweight with all 4 of her pregnancies and never had GD. :) she's really thin now so hopefully i can do that :P
    Anonymous