Ringworm help?!!

Ok so about 5 years ago I got my first ringworm. I'm never around any animals, etc... I'm never around people that I actually touch except for my immediate family. So, every year after that I get about 2 a year. Why is this happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Health

• i agree with what others said. My son had ringworm and one perscription didn't work so we had to use a stronger steroid. Perhaps your doc can prescribe something heavier to use on it to completely kill it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• because it never fully went away.

put athlete's foot cream on it for about 2 weeks, twice a day. even after it appears gone, keep applying it
    Anonymous

• i was told it was from uncleanliness...not sure though, never had it. Make sure you change your sheets and towels regularly. Not trying to be a bitch, just what i was told.
    Anonymous

• ring worm is a fungus and you can get it from any surface you touch.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• not a dirty person at all, change sheets every two weeks, and I don't use the same towel... i've heard about the uncleanliness as well but that couldn't be the reason
    Anonymous

• OH YEAH, original poster here, I forgot to mention they are never in the same spots.....
    Anonymous

• Immune deficiency? If you have warning signs of immune deficiencies you can ask for blood tests. People with primary immune deficiency diseases can have problems with eczema, ringworm and other skin conditions. I wasn't diagnosed with immune deficiencies until I was 32.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I got it once from the lawn at my boarding school. The fungus can live any where. Your yard might be contaminated. The school sprays yearly because it was a problem there. It's not from being dirty. You can pick it up at the movie theater, waiting rooms, the bank, any public place.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• my husband got it a few months ago and forget to use the cream after it's gone so it keeps coming back. You should ocninute the cream for at least a week (longer?) to be sure the funi is dead.
    Anonymous

• Any antifungal cream should ger rid of it. Buy the store brad, it is just as effective.
    Anonymous