Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Switching counties-do I have to refile child support?

I will check with my lawyer as well, but I know others are in my situation-

I recently moved. Do I have to refile in my new county or once I give the former county courthouse my new address does everything automatically switch over?

Just curious on the matter.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • child support enforcement is generally state run, not county, but do call and make sure they have your new address.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • No it will be in the same county. I hate the county I moved out of they are so crowded and bad about paperwork. I hoped me moving would get me out of there but NOPE still going to CS court in that stupid county niether of us live in anymore.

    Answer by Fordmomma at 1:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • It will be in the county of the divorce/order no matter how far the parents move.

    Answer by Gailll at 1:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • You just need to notify the current child support office of your new address.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.