What does your Toddler eat for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner???

For Breakfast our Daughter eats 3 mini pancakes, fruit, & yogurt. I usually feed her a big Breakfast, then she has been snacking at Lunch time now eating Crackers with Hummus & a grilled cheese. But, when Dinner comes around she isn't hungry because shes eat a big breakfast.
Do any of you have this issue??? Should I just give her less for Lunch, so she will eat Dinner??

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 1:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Also.. For Lunch she doesn't eat everything that I do give her.
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 1:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Mine's like that but it can come at any meal time. One day she'll eat all her breakfast and no lunch and pick at dinner, the next she'll pick at breakfast, eat a few bites at lunch and wolf dinner down, etc. I hate the inconsistency of it and as a mother I'm truly bothered when she doesn't eat! But she's always been petite and a "bird eater" as they say, my mom's the same way. She's 3 so I've just learned to let it go and not get into food battles with her. If she says she's not hungry I'll offer her whatever it was again when she is, or just wait til mealtime rolls around again.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• We usually have something like cereal or pop tarts for breakfast, when she eats at home they have all kinds of stuff in pre school. We don't eat a big breakfast here none of us are really into breakfast. For lunch we have sandwiches or mac and cheese, or things like this she will eat maybe half a sandwich and some cheese. Then she will have a snack like right now she is eatting some trail mix. Then we have dinner she eats pretty good.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• They won't really clean their plates for a while. They have teeny tiny little bellies! My son will eat like a horse one day, then he'll just pick for a few days, then he'll have another big eating day.

I give him a whole wheat waffle with yogurt or peanutbutter for breakfast and some fruit.
    A peanut butter sandwich or chick pea nuggets and steamed veggies for lunch and maybe some sliced cheese.
    Dinner is whatever we are having, but he mostly won't eat it unless it's pasta.

He snacks on whole wheat crackers, cheese (depending on how much he has had at meals) fruit, yogurt, and sometimes he has a cookie.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My children are the same. They love breakfast. This is because they are hungry from not eating all night. I wouldn't worry so much about not eating dinner. You are right that they are full by the time its dinner. Children know best of how much they can eat & when. Eating small meals throughout the day is perfect. As they get older they will start to widen their appetite for many other foods. Try not to stress over this. It's normal.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 1:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Wow, that is a big breakfast. My daughter only eats fruit for breakfast and a cup of milk. She's not a breakfast person. At lunch, I usually make her a sandwich and give her some veggies and string cheese. Dinner depends on what I'm making that night. My daughter isn't a big eater. It's often a battle to get this kid to eat anything.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Give her less breakfast if that's what you think the issue is. She should be eating three balanced meals. Balanced does include the same amount of food, as much as it means well balanced in nutrician.

It changes everyday for my son as to what he eats for a meal. But for Example..
    Breakfast: Cheese and peanutbutter Tortilla sandwich.. Which is basically peanut butter between two pieces of flower tortilla.
    Lunch: Soup minus the broth and crackers. The soup being Hardy Chicken Noodle or Beef and Veggies. Sometimes fruit if he's still hungry, but the soup usually fills him up.
    Dinner: Whatever we're eating.

He has 2-3 oz's of milk after each meal. Then 8oz's for nap and bed time.

If he wants a snack between meals then I give him dry cereal. He usually doesn't though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My 3yo usually has cereal for breakfast, a sandwich or leftover for lunch and whatever I made for dinner. She doesn't eat much lately and usually picks at her dinner. I think it's a phase and her eating depends on her mood.
    So far today she had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a gogurt for snack and 2 (yes 2!) sloppy joes for lunch. She said she was starving and had been begging for lunch since she had her snack at 9am. She'll get another snack at school (it's someone's birthday so probably a cupcake or something) and I have no clue what we're having for dinner. She had corned beef last night.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Just provide healthy foods and snacks. Kids will eat when they are hungry and will not starve themselves. Eating should be pleasant not a battle.
    Anonymous