Hi, could anyone give me details of some work at home opportunities. I have been googling about it for a long time and nothing seems to be reasonable. Usually it is about purchasing something or a home business kind of job. I would like to do some kind of data entry or something related. If anyone could send me details about such job would be of great help for me. Thank you very much.

shakhi

Asked by shakhi at 1:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• All I know is that there are a lot of scams out there. Just don't pay any money out to get work. That is the #1 sign of a con.

Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I know it's hard when you are still in the looking phase of working from home because there is SOOO much stuff out there. I have my own home based business with AMERIPLAN. We don't do any cold calling or selling & there are no products to buy. We are just helping others to SAVE & MAKE money with our Discount Plans. If you are interested you can listen to a company overview call at 951-262-1118 then contact me.
    We are associated with some big Fortune 500 comapnies like WalMart, Target, Walgreens, Disney, Sears and tons more.

If you are only looking for a job then http://www.wahm.com/ is a great place to look.

Good Luck and God Bless!!

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 1:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have done the AmeriPlan thing. Not only do you have to shell out money for the start-up kit, but you also have to BUY your leads and your info packets to hand out to potential customers. If you don't want to buy the leads, it's canvassing parking lots, putting business cards on windshields, hoping someone will be interested. This rather defeats the stay-at-home part of it all. You also have to either use your home phone line as your customer call center # or purchase a separate line so as not to tie up your family line. More $$. Their system is much like Mary Kay. If you can convince other people to join the "sales team" through your site, you make a small percentage of what they sell, or people they add to their "team"...etc.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• This will sound crazy but dog walking or pet sitting. It pays and people need the service. Depends on how much money you need to make and where you live but no skills needed.
    Anonymous

• As far as Ameriplan, I do ALL of my marketing online for FREE. You can buy leads & do local marketing like you stated above but don't HAVE to.
    Our Team gets 250 FREE leads/mth!!

There is no start up fee or kit you have to buy.
    You just have your monthly overhead fee for the cost of running your business, just $50 and will never increase. And untill Jan 21st your first month is just $25.

Ameriplan has the best compensation plan available. We are paid 30% of the plan that someone enrolls into or for someone working form home upfront & we get that EVERY month the enrollment stays active, so we get paid over & over..

Thanks just wanted to clarify

678-823-0523

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 3:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• specialwingz -
    It has been a while since you were with Ameriplan huh?!? I have been with Ameriplan for 20months. I have NEVER paid for a lead! NEVER! As for a second phone, it's $45 to get a magic jack and only $20 a YEAR after that! Mine works great! There is a fee to start, as with any business, but there is no force to buy the starter kit, if you do that it's up to you, most are happy with the free kit!
    The difference between Ameriplan and other home businesses is that while other home based companies require you to make a certain amount of sales and only pay you once per sale, we don't require anything of you and we pay you month after month year after year as long as those memberships are on the books. You CAN choose to focus on team building, but again, that is YOUR CHOICE! Many of our people focus on the memberships over team building!

Sabrina
    ThisIsAP.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• OP - Sorry, that just really got me. If you are interested in working from home, great for you! It just angers me to see anyone put down a legit company or opportunity simply because it wasn't for them. Many people make a great living with Ameriplan - I know why she wasn't one of them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• However, from what your post says I'm not really thinking you are looking for a home based business. If you are interested in a business, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about owning, opperating or building an Ameriplan business or a home business in general.

Home jobs are harder to find but I can help you there too. First you'll want to check out the list on my website. All are legit, although they may not all be hiring. Second, check out my blog with great tips about finding, checking on and getting a home position either with a job or business.

Good Luck

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I work for my home and I LOVE my business.. I paid to start my own business and it's not a con it's mine.. there are some scams out there be careful.. I have a company called Pre Paid legal.... I love love it... I don't call anyone I put in about 30mins to an hour a day and I am a stay at home mommy of 3 boys...

I have had great success with Pre-Paid Legal service. It is a business that protects you and your whole family from all legal encounter at a FRACTION of the cost and Identity theft protection that covers more than just credit card fraud. It is BBB A=A+ rated and NYSE publicly traded. FORBES just named it #66 out of the TOP 200 small businesses to work for in the US. It opened its doors in 1972 and has grown ever since, 2010 predicted to be its largest year of explosion yet. I have had quick success even with 3 boys at home, very easy and profitable.
    Tracie

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE WWW.bka250.com
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010