Spotting while pregnant?

Okay, so I am not pregnant nor have I ever experienced such a thing as spotting while being pregnant. However, I am very curious about it. I know of a lot of women that have mistaken spotting while pregnant as a period and didn't know they were pregnant at first. What does that mean exactly? If you have a normal period and then it is light, wouldn't you suspect something is wrong? I am just wondering if it lighter and shorter or what? If you have experienced this, let me know. Thanks for your info!

IWantLotsOfKids

Asked by IWantLotsOfKids at 1:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• All I can say is that it's wierd lol. It's lighter in color and in volume, but still heavy enough to be mistaken for a period. It lasted for like 10 days for me, and normally my periods last about 5 days. I did take a pregnancy test, and it was negative because it was too soon to test. I asked the doctor about the spotting after I found out I was pregnant about 4 weeks later, and she said that was the implantation phase. It's very common for women to mistake that for a period. Hope this helps ease your curiosity lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2010