Are there any good places to look for information on how to disengage from realationship with SD

I am looking for information on how to go about disengaging from my SD. I think I have tried everything personally and I have read on the posts here about disengaging. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and if anyone knows where to get any information, even on alternatives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why would you want to disengage from your step daughter?
    Anonymous

• That's so sad, I'm sorry that you feel that you have to that. I don't have any advice for you on how to go about doing that, but it's really unfortunate that you have to do that.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• What is going on that you want to? How old is she?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would like information on that as well.
    Anonymous

• y'all should start with the stepparenting group here on CM. There's a link in the "special sections" that appears in the right hand column on most of the pages here in Answers. There are many ladies there who've been there/done that who absolutely get it and will have good strategies for you.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2010