Looking for moms who've taken prozac while expecting

I'm almost 10 weeks and my dr's just switched me to prozac. I have terrible anxiety. This is a new issue for me. It just started a few weeks before I conceived. I'm scared to be taking it and just want some feedback from other moms who have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i thougth prozac was on the never take during preg list... i took zoloft... during my second preg./ it didnt turn out well. the baby died. they said ti was a genetic kidney issue. i still doubt that and wish i woudlnt have taken it... my best advise is --- 9 months, really 10 but just deal with it, freak out, cry, do what you need to do,,, dont take the drugs!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I took it while pregnant with my 3rd child in 2002. My OB prescribed it because she said there was more research behind it then the newer drugs and she said she felt it was safer. I took it from August until March (had the baby in November). The baby turned out just fine. She's 7 now and doing fine in school, is rarely ever sick and just a very pleasant little girl.
    If you are really concerned talk to your doctor that prescribed it and your OB.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• prozac is not on the "do not take during preg" list that is PAXIL that is a No-No...I personally am on zoloft and have been told by several doctors prozac is also a preferred choice of doctors and I disagree with the antidrug campaign comment no offense ONLY because to have serious anxiety is completely consuming and bad for your body which is bad for the baby. I will keep my medicine, show me studies that say otherwise.....I hope you feel some relief soon :(
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 7:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2010